Saturday, January 3, 2009






Zach woke up with a runny nose this morning. I really hope he isn't trying to get sick again, I finally feel like everyone is doing well. Although I know Beth will go back to school next week and bring home every germ know to man and some unknown.

We didn't do anything exciting for the New Year.

On Wednesday I took the kids to Barnes and Noble to meet up with the playgroup. The kids played listened to a story, attempted to do a craft far beyond their years and generally had a good time.

After Barnes and Noble we went across the street to Chick-fil-a. We meet Shannon and her two and Teresa and her wonderful kids. Beth played some and we had a nice lunch. Teresa really does have such sweet kids it was nice to see them since they are typically in school. I'm thinking her oldest girls would be wonderful baby sitters as they get older.
We didn't do anything special that night but try to get some sleep.

Thursday must have been extremely boring because I don't remember what we did. I know I took the kids to blockbuster to change out Beth's movie and then we went to Publix and got some cupcakes. The reason we needed cupcakes is because it was Beth's baby doll Maggie's Birthday. Beth has found this baby doll that she has had forever and named her Maggie and well Maggie had a birthday and turned 3. And as Beth puts it, Maggie needs a cake, we sing "Happy Birthday to you", Maggie blows out phire (fire) and we clap. So we had some fun with Maggie and got to enjoy some cupcakes in the process.

Friday after lunch we hit the grocery store where Beth proceeded to eat more there then she ate for lunch. Seriously she had an entire banana, a chicken finger, and half a Nesquick Strawberry milk. She always ask for a banana but after we left the produce and started past the lunch meat/hot food area she said she need a chicken finger.
Beth took a bi-weekly nap on the way home from the grocery store. She really only naps about twice a week. And after her nap I knew she would stay up late. So I took Beth and Zach to the Y to swim hoping it would burn off some of Beth's energy. We had a good time although it was a little more crowded then I use to seeing, probably because school is out. Since it was about 6pm when we left the Y, I made the fatal mistake of offering to pick up diner at Burger Kings drive thu.
Yuck! The wait time was forever, it cost much more then I think it should have, and the food was so not good.

Today we didn't really do much but hang around the house. I took Beth and Zach back to blockbuster so Beth could get a different movie, she is really into Strawberry Shortcake. We were able to play outside some today. I wasn't very cold but it was damp out. We still had a good time.
Oh and we took down the Christmas decorations. It seems like the living room is so much bigger with the tree down.

No comments: