He stayed on Tylenol yesterday but was still really grouchy. Then about 5:00ish this morning he woke up in a fuss and was soo hot. He was running a fever I gave him Tylenol and got him to go back to sleep in the recliner.
Beth was a different story. She didn't nap yesterday and was so tired that she fell asleep on the couch about 7:45, this is incredibly early for a kid whose bedtime is normally between 9:30-10:30. Well the early bedtime kicked us in the butt because she was awake at 5:30 and ready to go. Ty got a chance to play with her while I consoled Zach. Beth had a little bit of a cough this morning but it passed after she was up for a bit. I think it could be some post nasal drip that bothers her throat in the morning since it was dripping all night while she was asleep.
After Ty left for work everything was going OK until I tried to get Beth ready for school. She just didn't want to go, I finally convinced her I was going to school and she decided she would join me.
When we arrived at school right at the start time, I decided to put Zach's car seat in the stroller since he was asleep and so heavy to carry. Beth has a play stroller and car seat that is now strapped in the front seat and hold her bunny rabbit. Since I had my stroller Beth had to have hers. Of course when I want Beth to hurry somewhere she walks soooooo slowly.
Well the preschool has 2 entrances one with stair and one that is level. The level one is where the car dropoff/pick entrance is but you can still get to it from the sidewalk. The stair entrance is the entrance for parents walking their children in. So that there are minimal security issues the level entrance is locked when school starts at 9:00 and you must use the stairs and go by the office to get in. Not sure how this fits in with ADA requirement but I haven't looked into it.
Well with a stroller going upstairs is quite challenging. I parked the stroll took Zach's car seat out and grabbed Beth's stroller and walked up the stairs. This just did not cut it for Beth, if I took Zach's car seat out then Bunny's car seat must also be removed.
Apparently waking up at 5:30 caused this to be a very traumatic event for Beth. She did not want to go into the building and getting her to her classroom was even more of a challenge. The director helped me distract her and get her to the room. She settled in OK and I slipped out the door.
The teacher said did OK today, got upset once but it was time to move onto a new activity (a visiting vet and animals) and she forgot all about being upset.
Beth got an early nap so she should have a good bedtime but not too early.
This 5:30 wake up time just isn't going to cut it.
Zach seems to be doing OK and hasn't had another fever but I keep giving him Tylenol.
Maybe this evening will be calmer and these head colds pass faster.
Emily
1 comment:
basically, I think a 0530 wakeup is enough to ruin an entire day. That preschool experience sounds just awful!
I don't know if this would work with Beth, but I don't let the kids get up that early any more. If they try it (which they sometimes do), I tell them to go back to sleep until it's light out. Of course, that's 0600 in the summer, but that extra 1/2 hour seems to make the difference.
I think 0530 for you all is kind of like the 0430s for us, since we usually go to bed and ride earlier. I know that I always feel hung over when it happens, without the fun of having a drink. Hope you're feeling better!
Post a Comment